About the Journal
The PJSB has been accepted for indexing by the ASEAN Citation Index. ASEAN Citation Index (ACI) is a central regional database which was designed and set up to index all the bibliographic records and the citations of all quality ASEAN research outputs appeared in the ASEAN scholarly journals (https://www.asean-cites.org/index.php?r=home).
To all accepted Oral and Poster Presentors of the 2nd PSFBE:
You are invited to submit full papers for consideration in a special issue of the Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology
All submitted papers will be evaluated by the editors of the PJSB and will be subjected to peer-review prior to acceptance. Deadline is on June 30, 2019.
As per Commision on Higher Education CMO 50 series of 2017, the Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology is now a CHED Recognized Journal.
September 10, 2017
The PJSB is now a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). COPE was founded in 1997 by a group of medical journal editors concerned about publication misconduct, e.g. plagiarism, attempted or actual redundant publication, attempts to pass off
fraudulent data, unethical research, breaches of confdentiality, etc. Originally a loose gathering of individuals COPE is now a limited company and registered charity in the UK.
July 5, 2018
The PJSB is now indexed in Scopus. Scopus is one of the largest indexing database of peer-reviewed publications managed by Elsevier.
Focus and Scope
The PJSB strongly adheres to research and publication ethics. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published elsewhere nor should have been submitted for review / publication simultaneous with the submission in PJSB.
Peer Review Process
• Papers that adhere to the journal scope and style will be sent to 2-3 peer reviewers suggested by two handling editors through the managing editor. The PJSB follows a “double-blind” review on all submitted manuscripts, withholding the names of the authors as well as the identity of the reviewers.
• Manuscripts returned to the authors are given 2-3 weeks to be revised. Upon return of the manuscript, the revised paper should be accompanied by a letter highlighting the revisions or answers to the reviewers queries.
• Final decision on the acceptance or rejection of papers are made by the two handling editors.
Open Access Policy
Ethical responsibilities of Authors
• The paper must not be a single study that are split up into several parts to increase the quantity of submission to various journals or to the PJSB
• No data including images have been fabricated or manipulated to support the authors conclusions
• Proper acknowledgement of other researches should be done by the authors in any part of their manuscript. Any form of plagiarism is not tolerated by the PJSB
• All authors have contributed sufficiently to the submitted paper thus will collectively share responsibility and accountability for the results.
• Changes in authorship or order of the authors will not be accepted after the acceptance for publication.
• Change in authorship in any form must be justified with a letter addressed to the Editor-in-Chief.
• The authors should be prepared to send relevant documents or data upon request by the PJSB to verify the validity of the results.
• Any breach of any of the ethical procedures stated here will result into the immediate rejection of the manuscript and legal action will be taken by the PJSB if necessary. The PJSB adopts the Committee on Publication Ethics(COPE) rules and guidelines in both the peer review process and submission of manuscripts.
Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of interest
• Potential conflicts of interest may be directly or indirectly related to their published work may include but are not limited to the following:
o Research Grants (indicate funding agency and grant number in the acknowledgement section)
o Financial award or support received from educational programs, presenting the research in a symposia or affiliation
o Support from a project sponsor
o Position on advisory board or board of directors or other type of management relationships
o Multiple affiliations
o Financial Relationships, such as investment interests
o Intellectual property rights
o Filial, Familial or any other relation that may have financial interest in the work/publication
*If there are any Conflicts of interest in the study the authors must include a “Disclosure of conflicts of interest” after the Acknowledgement section or before the Reference Section.
o Full Research Papers
o Review Papers, Taxonomic Revisions, Opinion Papers
o Short Notes/Communications
o Book Reviews
Lawrence Liao, Ph.D. (Hiroshima University, Japan)
Domingo Madulid, Ph.D. (De La Salle University-Manila, Philippines)
Domingo Madulid, Ph.D. (De La Salle University-Manila, Philippines)
Lawrence Liao, Ph.D. (Hiroshima University, Japan)
Hidetoshi Nagamasu, PhD (Kyoto University Museum, Japan)
Boon-Chuan Ho, Ph.D. (Singapore Botanic Gardens,Singapore)
Monica Suleiman, Ph.D. (Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia)
Molecular Phylogenetics/Evolutionary Biology
Grecebio Jonathan D. Alejandro, Ph.D. (University of Santo Tomas, Philippines)
Irene Samonte Padilla, Ph.D. (Max-Planck-Institut für Evolutions biologie, Germany)
Mike Thiv, Ph.D. (Staatliches Museum fuer Naturkunde, Germany)
Ga Hun Boo, Ph.D. (Chungnam National University, South Korea)
Irineo Dogma, Jr., Ph.D. (University of Santo Tomas, Philippines)
Windell Rivera, Ph.D. (University of the Philippines – Diliman, Philippines)
Yuan Kun Lee, Ph.D. (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
Juan Carlos Gonzalez, Ph.D. (University of the Philippines – Los Baños, Philippines)
Suchai Worachananant, Ph.D. (Kasetsart University, Thailand)
Eric Rickart, Ph.D. (University of Utah, United States of America)
Rafe Brown, Ph.D. (University of Kansas, United States of America)
Terrence Gosliner, Ph.D. (California Academy of Sciences, United States of America)
Julia T. Sigwart, Ph.D. (Queen’s University, United Kingdom)
Tin-Yam Chan, Ph.D. (National Taiwan Ocean University, Taiwan)
Aimee Lyn Barrion-Dupo, Ph.D. (University of the Philippines – Los Baños, Philippines)
Anindo Choudhury, Ph.D. (St. Norbert’s College, United States of America)
Masahiro Ohara, Ph.D. (Hokkaido University Museum, Japan)
Hydrobiology/Icthyology/Zooplankton Ecology and Systematics/Limnology
Roberto Pagulayan, Ph.D. (Angeles University Foundation, Philippines)
Rey Donne Papa, Ph.D. (University of Santo Tomas, Philippines)
Hiroyuki Motumura Ph.D. (Kagoshima University Museum, Japan)
Jeffrey Kwik, Ph.D. (National University of Singapore, Singapore)
Henri Dumont, Ph.D. (Jinan University, China)
Bo-Ping Han, Ph.D. (Jinan University, China)
Maria Holynska, Ph.D. (Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland)
Eric Zeus C. Rizo, Ph.D. (University of the Philippines-Visayas, Philippines) – Managing Editor
Jayson G. Chavez, Ph.D. (Far Eastern University, Philippines) – Assistant Managing Editor
Maria Isabella J. Escobar, M.Sc. (University of Santo Tomas, Philippines) – Lay-out Editor
Compliance with Ethical standards
• The corresponding author is responsible for gathering documentation of compliance with ethical standards upon request during the peer review process or after publication
• The PJSB reserves the right to reject manuscript that do not comply to stated ethical procedures and responsibilities. The authors will be held responsible for any falsification of information related to compliance on ethical standards.
• Complaints on the peer-review process, plagiarism, falsification and fabrication of data and the like, conflicts of interests and other publication and research malpractice must be sent to the Managing Editor of the PJSB (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a letter addressed to the Editor-in-Chief.
• If the complaint proves to have merit, the Editorial Board will process the complaint and will act on it accordingly. If allegations on research misconduct is proven, manuscript maybe rejected, given an addendum upon publication of manuscript (if it has been accepted), banning of authors to publish in the PJSB or other legal action that the PJSB need to protect its integrity and adherence to standard ethical publication and research practices and procedures.
Charges on Publication for Non ASBP Members
o Non-ASBP Member local- Php 3000.00
o Non-ASBP Member foreign – USD 100.00
ASBP Communications Archive
ASBP Communication Vol 1 No 1
ASBP Communication Vol 1 No 2
ASBP Communication Vol 1 No 3
Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology
Table of ContentsManzaea minuta gen. & comb. nov. (Scytosiphonaceae, Phaeophyceae) from the tropical Northwestern Pacific Oceanby Wilfred John E. Santiañez and Kazuhiro KogamePhilippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 16, Issue 1, 2022,...
Table of ContentsEarthworm diversity and populations in different habitats of Rajah Sikatuna Protected Landscape, Bohol, Philippinesby Reizl P. Jose, Nonillon M. Aspe, Wilbert A. Aureo, Rochelyn Y. Parba, Carlo D. Capunhag, and Charina I. NaridoPhilippine Journal of...
Table of ContentsButterfly range extensions in the Philippines and Indonesiaby Jade Aster T. Badon and David J. LohmanPhilippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 14, Issue 3, 2020, DOI: 10.26757/pjsb2020c14001Date Posted (Final Published Version) :August 12, 2020...
Table of ContentsEchoes from the past – the identity of Sundathelphusa picta (von Martens, 1868) and descriptions of two new species of freshwater crab (Crustacea, Brachyura, Gecarcinucidae, Sundathelphusa) from Luzon Island, the Philippinesby Peter K. L. Ng and Jose...
Table of ContentsPhilippine Mycology’s central DOGMAby Rey Donne S. Papa and Donna May A. Dela Cruz-PapaPhilippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 14, Issue 1, 2020, DOI: 10.26757/pjsb2019a13011Date Posted (Final Published Version) : January 10, 2021 Abstract...
Table of Contents Revisiting the aquatic phycomycete biota of the Douglas Lake region since the time of Dogma and Sparrow by William J. Davis, Gustavo Henrique Jerônimo, D. Rabern Simmons, C. Alisha Quandt, and Timothy Y. James Philippine Journal of Systematic...
Table of ContentsNew records of Rosenvingea (Scytosiphonaceae, Phaeophyceae) from the Philippinesby Wilfred John E. Santiañez and John A. WestPhilippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 13, Issue 1, 2019, Pages 1-8, DOI:10.26757/pjsb2019a13001Date Posted (Final...
Table of ContentsHistorical trends among cestode research of vertebrates in the Philippines by Vanessa V. Martinez and Jonathan Carlo A. Briones Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 12, Issue 2, 2018, Pages 1-12Date Posted (Final Published Version) :...
Guest Editor: Lawrence Liao Ph.D. Table of Contents A tribute to Benito C. Tan (1946–2016) Boon-Chuan Ho & James R. Shevock Rosario R. Rubite Elena Mencias-Ragragio Jef Mancera Download PDF Amphi-Pacific tropical disjunctions in the bryophyte floras of Asia and...
Table of Contents Comparative Pollen Viability and Pollen Tube Growth of two Endemic Philippine Etlingera (Zingiberaceae, Alpinioideae) by Noe P. Mendez, Heidi C. Porquis, Evangeline B. Sinamban, and Florfe M. Acma Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 11,...
Proceedings of the 1st Philippine Symposium on Freshwater Biodiversity and Ecosystems (Volume 11 Issue 1 2017)
Guest Editorial Board: Rey Donne S. Papa Ph.D. - University of Santo Tomas Francis S. Magbanua, Ph.D.- University of the Philippines-Diliman Roberto C. Pagulayan, Ph.D.- Angeles University Foundation Hendrik Freitag, Ph.D.- Ateneo de Manila University Jonathan...
Table of Contents Rafflesia camarinensis (Rafflesiaceae), A New Species from Mt. Asog, Camarines Sur, Luzon Island, Philippinesby Flordeliz B. Valenzuela, Gertrudes Girlie Jaucian-Adan, Esperanza Maribel G. Agoo and Domingo A. MadulidPhilippine Journal of Systematic...
Table of Contents A critical review of the taxonomic status of Rafflesia philippensis Blanco (Rafflesiaceae) from the Philippines by Domingo A. Madulid and Esperanza Maribel G. Agoo Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 9, 2015, Pages 1-9 Abstract An...
Table of Contents A new cave-dwelling mygalomorph spider of the genus Phlogiellus Pocock, 1897 (Araneae: Theraphosidae: Selenocosmiinae) from Burdeos, Polillo Island, Quezon Province, Philippinesby Aimee Lynn A. Barrion-Dupo, Alberto T. Barrion and Joseph B....
Table of Contents A new record of Pyrostria (Vanguerieae-Rubiaceae) from the Philippines inferred from molecular and morphological databy Grecebio Jonathan D. Alejandro, Elizabeth H. Arenas, Ma. Chiela M. Cremen and Axel H. ArriolaPhilippine Journal of Systematic...
Table of Contents Morphological and molecular identification of a novel species of Uvaria (Annonaceae) with potential medicinal propertiesby P.G.D. Cabuang, B.S. Exconde, V.I.M. Lim, D.K.M. Padilla, S.R. Salas, A.P.G. Macabeo, B.O.C. Lemana, and G.J.D....
Table of Contents Methylobacterium zatmanii, a pink pigmented facultative methylotrophic (PPFM) bacterium isolated from the human oral cavity by Thaddeus M. Carvajal, Ronabelle L. Tan And Anthony C. Lee Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 5, 2011, Pages...
Table of Contents Characterization of marine yeasts isolated from different substrates collected In Calatagan, Batangasby Carly Simon P. Ramirez, Connel O. Go, Sophia Angelica S. Hernandez, Hanah I. Ruiz, Maureen B. Sabit and Thomas Edison E. Dela Cruz...
Table of Contents An enumeration of the woody plants of Cantipla forest fragments, Cebu Island, Philippines by Geofe O. Cadiz & Inocencio E. Buot, Jr. Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 3, 2009, Pages 1-7 Abstract Woody plants in Cantipla forest...
Table of Contents Tree elements along the western slope of Mt. Lobo: species composition from 700 to 1, 007m altitudes by Anacleto M. Caringal Philippine Journal of Systematic Biology, Volume 2, 2008, Pages 4-11 Abstract Mt. Lobo, the highest peak in the coastal...